[wp-hackers] Ever a valid reason to access a plugin's readme.txt?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Jun 18 16:20:28 UTC 2012

There's no reason why a Plugin would need HTTP access to a readme, or
not one I can think of at least.
Some plugins are known to dynamically load data from their readme's to
display in the admin panel however (Eg, changelog).

I'd just add a .htaccess rule to deny access to any readme.txt's if
you don't want people looking in there