[wp-hackers] filter or action before loop?

Lionel Pointet lionel.pointet at globalis-ms.com
Mon Jun 18 13:49:56 UTC 2012

Hi Konrad,

You could hook into "loop_start" and "loop_end" actions, which are launched:

  * loop_start: the first time (and only the first time) "the_post()"
    function is used on the query
  * loop_end: the last time "have_posts()" function is used on the query

You get the WP_Query object associated with these actions.

This isn't a option taken by the majority of the other plugins because
you don't let the developper do what he wants with your API: if he wants
to create a widget that displays, without any loop, one part of your
data, he just can't...

As I write that, I can see you answered to yourself. Just keep in mind
that this will work only with one need, try to think of any needs!

BR,
Lionel