[wp-hackers] Caching as part of the core

Ryan Hellyer ryan at pixopoint.com
Tue Jul 24 12:38:29 UTC 2012

+1

Lots of waffle, but no explanation of what should actually be
improved. We have object caching. We have persistent caching that
defaults to object caching when available (ie: the transients API).

Is it possible that what you guys are actually wanting is a persistent
disk caching caching API? If so, then I guess that could be added via
the transients API, maybe as an extra argument. The disk caching API
could perhaps default to object caching when available, just as the
regular transients do.