[wp-hackers] Caching as part of the core

Almog Baku almog.baku at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:14:29 UTC 2012

Caching and minification are both subjects about WP Optimization.

I was hosted some Israeli WP website in U.S(Dreamhost) and in Europe,
England(UK2) - and my results is that I MUST use some caching for my
website(for ex. www.kravi.org). This websites are now hosted in Israeli
hosting supplier but still. I need caching for run the fastly and improve
the SEO rate.

kravi.org for example, is very basic website.. some theme, some plugins,
and nice traffic(no more than 100 uniqes for a day).
And still, by YSlow rate, and by Google PageSpeed rate- the basic WP not
passing much fields like minification, caching, browser caching and other.
BUT!! I am not usual user. I am advanced user- I am web developer- 8 years
so far. regrular user/developer wouldn't even know about caching or relazie
the meaning of using it.

In the current status we damage the users by not giving them basic feature
as a part of the core. and the users who already installed cache plugins
are confused with configure them..

And the worst issue- the plugins today doesn't know how to deal with
caching.

~ Almog.

P.S about the current caching api - can somone send me link to any
documentation? I know only about the variable caching.