[wp-hackers] image attachment bug? (was Re: Featured image functionality dissapeared from custom post types after upgrade)

andre at pixelplexus.co.za andre at pixelplexus.co.za
Thu Jul 19 21:26:18 UTC 2012

Howdy

I found  older posts didn't have the meta value '_wp_attached_file'.
Running through them and calling update_attached_file solved my problem.

Just wondering if that shouldn't be happening, or at least attempted in
wp_get_attachment_image or somewhere else in the attachment retrieval
chain, in stead of it just returning a empty string? (provided with a
correct id and the file does exist)

Effectively I had a situation where the trusty template tags were telling
me "yes we have an attachment, but you can't see it, have it or use it"

Wondering, am I missing something or should I be filling it for review?

Thanks

André