[wp-hackers] Cloning content from Master site into new sites on a WP Network

Jesse Friedman highfive at jesserfriedman.com
Thu Jul 12 11:41:56 UTC 2012

Thanks everyone for the help yesterday. One more question.

I'm running into an issue. After the switch I insert all the posts and it
works perfectly. However something is happening with that specific new site
because the dashboard will load amazingly slow. Oddly enough it's just that
one site. I can visit the rest of the network no problem. I'm guessing that
it's the restore_current_blog(); not working right (my fault).  If I
restart Apache I'm good to go and all the pages are there.

Before I attempt to tackle this issue I started to think about cloning the
posts using mySQL and PHP? Would it be a bad idea to just connect directly
to the database, clone the master site wp_posts table and be done with it?

Jesse