[wp-hackers] Adding checkout form validation with wp-e-commerce

Andrew Bartel andrew.bartel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:22:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

I posted this on wordpress.stackexchange.com but I thought this group would
be able to offer more specific help.

I'd like to add some additional validation on what's entered in the
checkout form, specifically the shipping address.

The function validate_forms() resides within the wpsc_checkout class in
checkout.class.php, so easily extendable, but the actual function call and
class instantiation is in wpsc_submit_checkout() (in ajax.functions.php),
which is simply a user defined function.

Since PHP doesn't support overloading and I don't see any appropriate hooks
to add additional validation, it seems like I'm stuck with modifying core
code.

Does anyone have a workaround for this that makes my installation of wpec
update safe?

Thanks much,

Andrew