[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Jul 6 21:46:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Bryan Petty <bpetty at bluehost.com> wrote:
> How many other web applications do you know of that absolutely require
> you to install additional extensions just to do something like this?

Umm... Dude, you're a programmer. Writing code shouldn't be that
difficult or be considered a last-resort sort of option. Hell, I write
code all the time, and if I can do it with my average-BAC, anybody can
do it. :)

> I'm not asking you to code up this functionality inside of WordPress
> yourself, but please stop disrespecting everyone in here by ignoring
> perfectly valid arguments, discouraging anyone else from working on
> improvements and solutions towards those goals, derailing the
> discussion, and assuming that just because you don't have a need for
> this, no-one else does either.

Well, thanks for your opinion, but since I was asking questions in
order to figure out what the problem actually is and try and help
present better solutions for those problems, then I'm just going to
keep on doing that.

How about instead of getting pissy on internet mailing lists, you try
to explain yourself better when having conversations, eh?

-Otto