[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Fri Jul 6 13:51:20 UTC 2012

Ryan - All that felt like just an epic ton of work to solve something that I didn't feel was a problem ;)

I don't like reinventing the wheel, or complicating my code to make something 'simpler' for a user who has to remember to do [home]\whatever\url - Telling them 'Put the whole URL in, http://domain.com/foobar for example' is easier, it's consistent, and it always works on any site they ever go to. Less to untrain the novice (dad) later.

The only person a shortcode or filter might help is the dev, and the dev already knows what to search/replace on anyway.

----
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org