[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Fri Jul 6 08:23:27 UTC 2012

Otto wrote:
> Just wanted to point out that this is slightly safer:

You know, I'm sure I've asked this before, but why doesn't WordPress
just insert URLs into posts as <a href="[home]/2012/01/01/abc/"> ?

This would save everyone a lot of pain, IMHO.

(I'm also willing to put my money where my mouth is and write a patch,
but I'm sure we've discussed this before, so I'll hold off.)
--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>