[wp-hackers] Custom post types and wp_get_archives

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Tue Jul 3 21:22:58 UTC 2012

On 3 July 2012 21:10, Aero Maxx <aero.maxx.d at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Mike,
>
> I have been trying to work out how to use the code that you wrote, as I
> like that it makes the recent posts widget work, but it seems to mess with
> my blog posts only page in that it shows posts from my custom post type
> aswell as posts from the blog, have tried using !is_page ( array ( 'Blog',
> 'blog' ) ) but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Sorry, I thought that was what you wanted. When you are talking about
archives, do you just mean the archives widget? I misunderstood your
requirements.

Do you have any ideas as to what I could do ?

You need to remove the "cpt_add_to_posts" code.

> Also do you or anyone know how I could get a list based archive on my side
> bar for my custom post type, but to only show the last 6 months, as its
> fairly long list otherwise.
>
> Have decided to keep the blog posts and the custom post type archives
> seperate.

For your other issue, you will either have to use a plugin that will list
CPT archives, or write some code to duplicate the archives widget
functionality for your CPT, with the added functionality to restrict the
number of entries.

Mike
--
Mike Little