[wp-hackers] Custom post types and wp_get_archives

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:23:01 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Is there a simple way to get custom post types to appear in the archive
along with the normal blog posts when using the wp_get_archives
function, if not is there a similar function that can be used to display
a list for the custom post types the same way it does for normal blog
posts ?

I would prefer not to use a plugin, but if this is the only way then I
guess I would do so, I just thought there maybe something built into
wordpress that would do this seeing as the custom post types are there,
and that maybe someone has thought users may want this.

I have googled and looked in the codex but not been able to find what I
was looking for function wise as to what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance
Daniel.