[wp-hackers] GitHub + plugins.svn.wordpress.org

Simon Dunton - WP Sites simon at wpsites.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 12:28:24 UTC 2012

Nothing, that script is 99% like the one I'm using. I've since found a few variations of that same script.

To me every other approach seemed too complicated. I didn't want to use SVN at all and using one of these scripts took care of that for me.

If you really wanted to automate this process you could probably put the deploy script on a Linux server somewhere and create a post-receive hook in Github so that when a commit is made Github generates a request to a PHP file on your linux server which then executes the .sh script. Obviously you wouldn't want to deploy every commit to WP.org SVN so you'd want to make your PHP post-receive hook check the most recent commit message includes some text like "... release" or some other keywords that you decide upon that give your script the go-ahead to deploy to git.