[wp-hackers] Disable/ Stop "auto-draft" posts

Leo Baiano ljunior2005 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:00:44 UTC 2012

Drika Hi, actually I believe that disabling the automatic draft is not
the ideal solution, but to getWordPress to generate it only when some
information is changed in the post and not just whenwe entered the screen
to add a new post because this can generate a lot of garbage in the
database.

To put the discussion on this subject started here:
http://groups.google.com/group/wordpress-brasil/browse_thread/thread/95d3def023d860f3

I know that few will be able to follow since the list is in Portuguese in
Brazil, it happens that was developing a METABOX on a website
and needed more than once to access the page thatadds a new post to see if
everything was ok with the listing of the data in dropboxes and other
things, this is a new installation with virtually no content, but when
I see the wp-posts table hadalmost 100 records, was when I realized that
once we get to add new post WordPress creates the record in
the database even if we do nothing more.

This can generate a lot of garbage in the database and in sites with many
users and contentcan even stifle the process.

Any solution in order to generate this record only when you
really get a post to be created?

2012/2/28 wpmidia lab <wpmidia at gmail.com>

> Hello people!
>
> Is there a way to disable "auto-draft" posts?
>
> When I enter to post-new.php page, WordPress creates a post record in
> wp_posts table, with status "auto-draft". Even if the post is not saved,
WP