[wp-hackers] is it possible to change the_title halfway into the processing of a page/post?

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:42:00 UTC 2012

I will consider your valuable ideas...   but I was still wondering
what would be a problem if we'd go with an "ob_start" implementation,
that is straight forward.

Here is one plan...

Create a a plugin ( that hooks to the init ) whose job is to detect if
the page url contains one of those querystring variables that my
framework uses.

If the url is such, then the plugin runs the ob_start. ( Now we know,
we can have control over the_title whenever we want to. )

With that in mind, in the the_content, we use exec_php to do whatever
we want to do, that is contacting the db's getting the current title
for that recid and so on. Obviously, all this code is stored in the
wp_posts and therefore, theme independent.

And then we take an advantage the fact that the ob_start is on and
therefore, we use the ob_get_contents(), do a replacement on the
already computed html and page title, and finally use ob_end_flush()
to seal the deal.

Could you comment what the issues would be with this approach?

Thanks