[wp-hackers] what URL does the Dashboard's update button link to?

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 21:24:13 UTC 2012

I would like to diagrammatically trigger the process which runs when
an admin clicks on the blue "update" button on the dashboard.

I'm looking for something like

.... wp-admin/post.php?post=5095&action=publish
.... wp-admin/post.php?post=5095&action=submit_publish something like that.

I assume that the link I'm looking for would trigger the same process
which takes place upon  an update button click on the admin dashboard.

The plan is to use the define('WP_USE_THEMES', false); in a standalone
PHP  and run that link in a loop. ( The particular theme I'm working
with fixes certain problems that I encounter on my programmatically
migrated posts upon  a simple update. Since I got to many to fix, thus
to many to click on the update button manually. )

Back in the old days, you would be able to go to the view source, find
that button, trace it to its href .
Then you could run that href in a loop changing the postid's at each
iteration and viola, all the posts referred  in the loop would have
been updated - the same way a manual mouse click would do. Now, the
click events are attached thru javascript, that's no longer the case.

Since I cannot see the href and a server level redirect takes place
thru the operation, it's quite hard to get to it.