[wp-hackers] Color picker in theme customizer

Gordan Orlic gordan at webfactoryltd.com
Sat Aug 25 19:53:08 UTC 2012

On 24.8.2012, Jessica Yazbek  wrote:
> I'm developing a new theme and am integrating a bunch of options in the Theme Customizer. It seems as though once you set a color using the color picker, there's no way to clear/remove/ unset it, is that right?
> If you haven't saved your settings yet, you can hit the cancel button (though you'd lose all your other unsaved settings) -- but once it's saved, it's set in stone? Or am I missing something?

We had the same problem Jessica. Quite frustrating. Ended up creating a
custom "clear colors" button. I truly hope I'm just missing something
because it seems silly there's no way to clear the selected color.
You can see how we did it on http://health-point-wp.webfactoryltd.com/
(click "customize theme" and then go to the colors section)

Cheers,
Gordan

--
Gordan Orlic, Web factory Ltd