[wp-hackers] set/modify the auto-incrementing ID of the wp_postmeta.

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 06:48:34 UTC 2012

Well, I started putting the records in. It puts a 1000 postmeta record
per second. But it times out every other 800K or so. By the time, it
finishes, it will time out at least a 100 times! What do you guys do
in a situation like this. how do you make sure that the PHP script
does not time out or when it times out, it retriggers itself? What
technique do you guys use so that you do not find your self giving the
script a go 100 times manually every 30 min or so?

This is what I got before the WP she-bang gets loaded.
set_time_limit (3600);

But that does not seem to get honored.