[wp-hackers] Upgrading HyperDB for WP 3.0.1

dave morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:04:04 UTC 2012

I currently use some flavor of HyperDB 1.0 (it doesn't exactly match the
1.0 tag in svn, but it's very close), and I would like to upgrade it for a
WP 3.0.1 multisite install that hosts 2300 blogs and serves up roughly 150
million pageviews a month.

I have noticed that HyperDB does not include a version number in the PHP
file, and it looks like the svn repo has not kept up with tagging releases.

Can anyone point me to the proper version of HyperDB I should be using on a
3.0.1 install of WordPress. Mine is basically this:
http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/hyperdb/tags/1.0/ with a few lines of code
changed related to checking tcp responsiveness. I want to be sure that it
is totally compatible with 3.0.1, and I am not quite sure how to validate
that in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for your help,
Dave