[wp-hackers] Redactor WYSIWYG Editor for WP

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Fri Aug 3 01:14:28 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 5:19 PM, John Blackbourn wrote:
> On 3 August 2012 01:17, John Blackbourn<johnbillion+wp at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Many (if not most) online document editing services (eg. Google Docs)
>> don't use contentEditable due to its limitations and cross-browser
>> incompatibilities. They use direct DOM manipulation instead.
>
> More info here:
> http://googledocs.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/whats-different-about-new-google-docs.html

That post is a very good read for everybody interested in online editors.

Direct DOM manipulation is perfect for Google Docs, but we really need
the WYSIWYG HTML part :) Not sure there are any online HTML editors that
don't use contentEditable.

Exporting from Google Docs to standard HTML5 would be neat too.