[wp-hackers] Install without posts etc

Luis Rodrigues luis.rodrigues at log.pt
Tue Apr 24 17:58:16 UTC 2012

Sorry, I think I was dead wrong when I said that you can do it from a plugin.  Looking at the core source, you may need to create a file at wp-content/install.php with your wp_install_defaults() function definition in order for this to work.

This blog post is a bit old, but provides a nice tutorial:

http://wpbits.wordpress.com/2007/08/10/automating-wordpress-customizations-the-installphp-way/

wp_install_defaults() is called when you create a new multisite blog (via wpmu_create_blog(), which also triggers a "wpmu_new_blog" action). So you can still have wp_install_defaults() do nothing and then set default content by hooking a function to that action.

I never tried adding options to the interface, but I imagine it shouldn't be hard to write a wp_install_defaults() function / wpmu_new_blog callback to set defaults based on your form's output. Just bear in mind that wpmu_create_blog() is called both when adding a new site via the admin panel and when a new user registers for a site.

Cheers,

--
Luís Rodrigues <luis.rodrigues at log.pt>
Solutions Architect

log — Smart software development. Great user experience. <http://log.pt>

Mobile: +351 93 755 2013
Phone: +351 21 330 4220

Calçada do Marquês de Abrantes, 45 - 3.º Dto
1200-718 Lisboa
PORTUGAL