[wp-hackers] Overriding bulk upgrading

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Tue Apr 17 23:22:52 UTC 2012

Good morning hackers,

Has anyone had experience with overriding the bulk upgrader?
Specifically, I'm looking to override the process for a few select
plugins and execute my own instead.

 From what I've seen so far, you essentially have to filter on something
like admin_init and remove the plugins from the GET variable, before
running your own bulk upgrader after the normal one. There are
approximately zero filters in the bulk upgrader that I can use, without
resorting to something like pre_option_*/pre_transient_*, which still
doesn't give me enough control.

I'll be filing a bug on Trac to add more filters, but I need a backwards
compatible solution.

Thoughts?

--
Ryan McCue