[wp-hackers] pulling the tags

Simon Blackbourn piemanek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 20:05:33 UTC 2012

> What happens to the urls ( and slugs ) for those tags that are
> prefixed with a "-"?

And what happens to the tag searches? Will my users be able to find
> Soccer players by simply typing "soccer" into the search tags box that I
> provide for them or is it that they are going to have to type in "-soccer"
> instead?

why not set up a quick test site to find out? it'll only take 5 minutes.

personally, i wouldn't go for adding hyphens or any other kind of
meaningless symbol to your terms as it will only serve to confuse your
users & visitors and increase the chances of human error.

it also seems very clear to me that you are trying to squeeze two different
types of data into one taxonomy (sports and sportspeople), where using two
taxonomies would be much more semantically correct, easier for your users
to understand and less prone to problems.