[wp-hackers] $wpdb: columns with digit names

Alexander Höreth a.hoereth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:21:52 UTC 2012

Hey there,
have been hanging here searching for the problem since an hour at least.
Wrote quite some code and than it didn't work. Didn't even give me an error:

It displayed all columns of my new mysql database table but the last two.
Their names were 1 and 2.
What really freaked me out was they didn't show up this way:

print_r( $wpdb->get_row( "SELECT * FROM " . DBNAME . " WHERE id = '" .
$target. "';", 'ARRAY_A' ) );

But this way:

print_r( $wpdb->get_col_info('type') );

Tested it using SELECT 1, 2 [...] as well, no effect.
I didn't find anything similar online, so I think maybe it is a Wordpress
Bug!?