[wp-hackers] WordPress and Websockets

Braydon ronin at braydon.com
Thu Sep 22 05:20:03 UTC 2011

They were doing reverse ajax, "comet", a couple years ago, by holding an
xhr open for a long time without needing websockets. You would still
need to have a long running PHP process running....

This seems like something better done in another language, if
maintaining WordPress interface, you could write something just for the
front-end entirely in Node.js? I'm really curious to do something in
this area.