[wp-hackers] Email batch sending

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:58:12 UTC 2011

On 9 September 2011 17:36, Pasquale Puzio <pasquale.puzio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would to send thousands of emails automatically partitioning them in a
> certain fixed quantity for each hour. These emails are not sent manually but
> they are generated by some special events.

Remember that if you're doing this your server's IP address will
potentially be blacklisted by anti-spam systems. If your emails are
marked as spam by recipients, this will happen *very* quickly. If your
server is on a shared IP address then your host won't like this and
may get your hosting suspended.

WordPress technical specifics aside, you should look into a verified
email delivery service such as PostMark, SendGrid or Return Path.