[wp-hackers] Search form issue

Daniel Fenn danielx386 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:47:09 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I am currently working on a new version of my wordpress theme, and I am
running into a serious issue. The theme guideline says that I must use
"get_search_form();" to display the search form. Now I am running into an
issue where the form will need different markup for the header, sidebar and
search result page. (No I am not kidding).

Am I correct that there is no callback function like there is in wp_nav_menu
or like a walker that one can use in wp_nav_menu?

Also is there any such thing as "if search_form(); called from header.php
display this, elseif if called from sidebar.php display this else display
this" type thing?

Would anyone here have any ideas on this one?

Thanks