[wp-hackers] Custom sizes for each request to post-thumbnails

Mario Peshev mario at peshev.net
Mon Oct 31 18:45:56 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I have been using timthumb for a while for a custom client project for one
specific reason - giving the option for users to be able to add images with
dynamic sizes (a.k.a. setting image size in a shortcode and generating
thumbnail this way).

Now I would be pretty happy to migrate to the post-thumbnail integrated
feature. The problem is that I have unlimited size options and I can't add
infinite image sizes. Is there a way to pass the image size as a parameter
or extend legally this functionality with a guaranteed support in at least
the next few WP versions?

Thanks in advance,

Mario Peshev
Training and Consulting Services @ DevriX