[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Sat Oct 29 15:09:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 02:59, Marcus Pope <Marcus.Pope at springbox.com>wrote:

> Mike Little, I know I said I'd drop the topic on this list, but I didn't
> want to ignore your requests for information.
>
> You can look at the patch I referenced, you'll see line numbers and file
> names, there are a lot of references so it's just easier to look here...
> http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/19037/ssl.patch
>
> Everything that passes through things like get_site_url in
> link-template.php, self_link in feed.php, class-wp-xmlrpc-server.php etc
> gets processed, and there are a bunch of links that go through those low
> level functions.

But there are not *content* urls. These are the app urls to take you to the
edit page or the plugins page . They *have* to change from one site to
another, and because WordPress allows you to run the back end half of your
installation on https separate from the front end half, then yes, there
*has* to be a check and a possible replace http for htps. But, as I say,
this is the back end admin functions and those are accessed very
infrequently compared to the front end *content*

This example does not support your case.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/