[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier... (Marcus Pope)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sat Oct 29 00:54:53 UTC 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 8:35 PM, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Seems like there's a pretty easy solution though:
>
> - Absolute/relative URL option in the admin

That runs afoul of a sacred principle of the WordPress philosophy[1]: "Decisions, not Options."  I know because I have been pointed to that passage several times in the past.

What I do think is *potential* is for a constant or a value in the wp_options table that can be accessed via a plugin to enable the rest of what you suggest.  It all depends on if the core team would be willing to add such an internal option, of course.

-Mike

[1] http://wordpress.org/about/philosophy/#decisions