[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Dan Smart dan at dansmart.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 18:41:44 UTC 2011

+1

(thanks for writing that, especially regarding staging/test sites. I can't imagine I could trust any of my clients to touch a hosts file, even if it's easy for techies to do.)

Seriously - most of my clients can't understand why I have to do a load of work to move from staging to production, when their experience of other CMS systems leads them to think it should be a 5 min job, and to be fair, most of the reasons for full URLs are from a single perspective. I love WordPress, but this is one of those things that I regularly have to battle against, rather than it just working for me and my clients' sites.

Dan