[wp-hackers] WordPress and IPv6

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Oct 25 00:56:31 UTC 2011

The only part that WordPress cares about IPv6 would be comments IP Addresses
logging, and that was fixed 4 years ago:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/6658 (There's another changeset
around that date for the Database field length i believe).

It does look like there's an open issue however, MultiSite when using a IPv6
address directly (rather than a domain name) seems to have some bad
sanitization for the port numbers:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15936 - But that shouldn't affect most
peoples uses!