[wp-hackers] Custom post type glitch in editor

David F. Carr david at carrcommunications.com
Sat Oct 22 16:46:07 UTC 2011

I am puzzling over a support request I received from a user of my Facebook
Tab Manager plugin, which uses a custom post type for posts intended for
display as Facebook page tabs. For some reason, when she goes to the post
listing in the editor, she sees a count for the number of drafts and the
number of published posts she has created, but the posts themselves are not
listed. It's working fine for other people, so not sure what the glitch
would be in her installation. Could be a bug in my plugin that only shows up
in certain configurations.

http://www.carrcommunications.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/FB_Tab_Manager_pic2.jpg

Wondering if anyone else has seen something like this and how they solved
it.

User is running WP 3.1 and for some reason doesn't want to upgrade. But I
don't think my plugin relies on anything that's specific to a more recent
version.

--
David F. Carr
david at carrcommunications.com
Writer, Editor, Web Consultant
Editor, The BrainYard on informationweek.com (social media and collaboration
technologies) http://www.informationweek.com/thebrainyard