[wp-hackers] Blatant Copying of Plugin Code

Lee Chestnutt lee at dc-5.com
Mon Oct 3 00:39:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct/appropriate place to ask the question
but is there any kind of formal complaint system where I can request
that the plugin be removed from the wordpress.org directory?

It has just come to our attention that a plugin, Smart Share Floating
Buttons, which was launched earlier today on wordpress.org is an exact
copy of a plugin we developed called slick social share buttons. In fact
the plugin still contains links to our own website, where the "author"
has forgotten to remove some of the links. The only changes made to the
files are to change the author name and site to his own. In fact he
couldnt actually be bothered to even rename files.

Although I have emailed the "author" I imagine it wont get very far with
someone who steals code so blatantly.

Thanks

Lee