[wp-hackers] CPT VS Plugin

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Nov 16 20:43:27 UTC 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Leo Baiano wrote:
> Mike Oops, I understood everything you said but I got the impression
> that the structure will be a little complex,

Your requirements are also a little complex.

> it may be difficult to
> organize so that the customer can create relations in a simple and, above
> all, relationships between the entities will becomes poor.

Depends on your implementation skills.  For some people, yes, very difficult.

> You suggested using post_parent for one to many relationships, but I would
> not be as simple as not always the same entities are part of the CPT. For example,
> course and class have a one to many relationship, because one can
> have an ongoing series ofclasses, but I can not change any of
> the taxonomies of two, soon they would have to be TLC, as I would say
> that a post is class CPTson of a post of the CPT course? Is it possible?

I realize that English is not your primary language and since I can only speak English I appreciate how a 2nd language is difficult, but still that paragraph is incomplete so I don't know what you meant, and I don't recognize "TLC."

> The CPT is a good alternative, but would be back one of doubts
> and difficulties in connecting the entities that worry me, because it
> can become too complicated to list the information in front
> and in back manage.

I just explained how I would do it to try to help you. If you dislike the suggestions I'm sure you can come up with other ways that work for you.

> The alternative of creating the tables behind the advantage of having the
> freedom to shape the bank, but I worry about the URL's as you would to
> generate the URLs in a friendly, following the pattern of the site?

You can make the URLs however you want with a little PHP coding effort.

-Mike