[wp-hackers] questioning the efficiency of using custom post types

IC IC icwordpress at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 00:50:37 UTC 2011

Scott,

One of the differences of using pods vs traditional way is that the post
items are not stored in the wp_posts table. Can you comment a little bit on
pro's and con's on this? One con I see is that those pods' posts would not
be searched by the default search. How do we make sure that a search cover
all cases?

imagine if you have video / audio / and article posts that covers a variety
of subjects from politics to sports..
if implemented the traditional way, one can search for obama and all posts
that has that term in the title or content shows up across all the custom
post types whether they belong to video / audio or post...

if the same information were to be architected using pods, how would such a
search be performed?

now If I search for