[wp-hackers] Reviews for Plugins

Helen Hou-Sandi helen.y.hou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:15:45 UTC 2011

I, for one, would be extremely unhappy if I found out that something inside
the WP admin was sending my email address off-site just for some simple
ratings. A third-party or plugin also seems unlikely to be widely adopted
and seems rather unnecessary given what already exists. I also wouldn't
want to worry about not being able to look at my installed plugins list
just because I'm offline (local dev, anyone?).

A link seems like it would work just fine, perhaps if it opens in a
thickbox without any site chrome? Then one could log in with their .org
credentials (or perhaps even register) and then rate from there without
stepping away from the admin. There are more steps to that than just
clicking some stars, but since some sort of auth is required anyway, it
seems as non-obtrusive and in-line with other admin behavior as can be.
This would still need some work on the .org end though, of course.

--
Helen Hou-Sandi
http://www.helenhousandi.com