[wp-hackers] Theme options in db: automatic deletion?

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Tue Nov 1 17:41:24 UTC 2011

And sorry, I was trying to allude to a feature I think should be in core
(and think was on the slate at one point in time).

Right now, plugins have both activation and deactivation hooks, though they
aren't used well.  There was at one point a ticket open to add
activation/deactivation hooks for themes as well ... but I'm not sure what
progress was made there.

What I was referring to by the "Delete" links in the UI are the existing
delete links in core.  Both themes and plugins have Delete links on the
admin panels ... clicking those links can and should fire an appropriate
action hook for each.  That would not introduce any inconsistent UX for
deleting themes/plugins.