[wp-hackers] Theme options in db: automatic deletion?

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Tue Nov 1 16:42:00 UTC 2011

Deletion versus deactivation.

Deactivation shouldn't remove any options, settings, files, DB
customizations, etc.  I would also argue that *deletion* shouldn't, either.
 But if you absolutely have to place this kind of functionality in your
theme/plugin, hooking in to the "Delete" click in the WordPress UI would be
the safest.  Still inadvisable, but safest ...