[wp-hackers] How to sync/mirror 2 WP multisite installs using one database?

Claudio Simeone mrbrog at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:45:47 UTC 2011

Thanks Mike,
Thanks Dion,

I didn't know there was available the very useful "sunrise.php" file,
so I googled and made some tests.
Now it seems to work fine: I'm working with 2 separate wp installs
both connected to the same database (I don't want to use 2 separate
databases to avoid sync problems).

The sunrise.php file fixes some checks with domains and prevents the
ms_not_installed() error and in the front end I added a plugin with
some filters that replace the backend url with the frontend one (and
blocks wp-admin on frontend).

I'll make more tests, but at the moment it seems to work.

Thanks again!

--
Claudio