[wp-hackers] Revisions API

Dan Milward dan at instinct.co.nz
Mon May 23 23:31:28 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

Are there APIs/hooks for Plugins to refer to a particular (older) revision of a CPT and figure out what is the current revision of that CPT without have to do any SQL?

Use case: /In our game engine a user can create a character sprite for a game that other people can use in their game. Once the user is happy they can publish their character sprite so that other people can use that in their games. (sprites/characters are custom post types).

But if the user decides at a later date to change their sprite we don't want it to suddenly change for all the existing users of that sprite. We want them to continue to use the old revision and give them the option to upgrade to the latest CPT only if they want to./

Any thoughts on this one would be appreciated.

Best,
Dan