[wp-hackers] /extend repo requirements

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Thu May 19 15:25:39 UTC 2011

Glenn, I'm not sure that there's been a shift in policy regarding commercial plugins on /extend/ but can tell you from my experience, releasing GPL compliant plugins for WordPress has been nothing short of great for my business. I give away a couple dozen plugins for free and support them for the community at no cost, yet I'm built a very profitable business with the help of WordPress.org. It took a lot of change on my part to agree with the GPL model and it goes against almost everything I was taught at business school yet ... it works wonderfully.

Chris