[wp-hackers] WP-Admin for Android App - GSoC 2011

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Thu Mar 31 19:18:37 UTC 2011

For the XML-RPC stuff, start with documentation.  Explain what parameters
each call received and what data each sends back.  Then, working from a
detailed description, figure out what functions you'll need to call in WP to
make it work.  Basically ... Documentation => Logical Flow Diagram =>
Prototype.  Starting with the documentation gives you a solid foundation
when you start coding, and means you won't need to re-do it afterwards.

With the UI, build a paper prototype (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_prototyping) to explain how it works and
run it by a few people.  Then put together an actual mockup.  It's easier to
change the location of a button when it's drawn on paper than when it's a
multi-layer Photoshop graphic :-)  I'm speaking from experience on that one