[wp-hackers] Update Category Count after Bulk Delete

Nathaniel Taintor goldenapplesdesign at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:43:38 UTC 2011

Before doing bulk import/deletes, just call:

wp_defer_term_counting( true )

And after your import is finished, call

wp_defer_term_counting( false )

That will catch up your term and category counts after the delete. For the
comments, I think you have to add another JOIN to your SQL to catch all the
comments on the posts you're deleting.

Nathaniel Taintor, Designer/Developer
*Golden Apples Design*
http://goldenapplesdesign.com