[wp-hackers] innodb vs myisam

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Mar 28 17:59:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Andrew Gray <andrew at graymerica.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to let all the folks on this list know, that I fixed a client site that was getting horrible performance by switching the post and post meta tables to Innodb from MyIsam.

I also noticed improved performance from switching the comments,
commentsmeta, and options tables to InnoDB as well. Changing the
options table seemed to increase overall performance everywhere,
albeit only slightly. The options tables tend to get written to a lot
by normal use. Comments showed a good amount of improvement because I
get a lot of comments on my sites. :)

InnoDB has gotten to the point where it's just a better default than
MyISAM for most cases. I would only use MyISAM for a table that is
large and often read-only.

-Otto