[wp-hackers] [GSoC] Comments Moderation

Łukasz Koprowski azram19 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:45:23 UTC 2011

Hi all,

My name is Lucas, I'm an undergraduate at the Imperial College London, and
I'd like to contribute to GSoC. The idea I found the most interesting is
enhancement of moderation of threaded comments.

Features I'd like to enhance Wordpress with:
- threaded view of comments in "Comments",
- threaded view of comments when editing individual comment,
- widget for "Edit comment" with preview of the thread,
- indication of threading in Dashboard's "Recent comments"
- re-parenting in "Recent comments", "Edit comment" and directly on the
blog,
- re-parenting using html5/jquery drag'n'drop,
- extension of Wordpress XML-RPC api to allow for external re-parenting

Threaded view would show entire thread, with old comments indicated by
datetime and author, and new comments shown normally. It is because, in case
of threaded comments, context of a comment is important, and also
re-parenting would be easier if admin/editor could see comment's parent.

What do you think? Anything I forgot about and what would be useful?

Regards,
--
Lukasz Koprowski
Ist year student