[wp-hackers] Health Index - GSoC 2011

Gaurav Aggarwal gaurav91.2008 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 12:35:13 UTC 2011

One more thing Mike has not worked on

*Plug-in settings*

   - Every plug-in will be given a hook for pre-requisite or configuration
   required for some plug-ins like wp-super cache , etc to check whether a
   certain setting was made or configured properly before start its
   functioning.
   - A general level notification hook will be provide to all plug-ins. (I
   think we should impose upper limit on number of hooks attempts)
   - Plug-in deletion and file damage procedure

* For example, a forum (like BBPress or SimplePress) might want to have a
user upload an avatar or put unread threads or private messages into the
list, etc. Depending on Health Index user may be send email/sms
notifications like WordPress installation is in Critical Stage, etc.*

And simple messages are used as notifications.