[wp-hackers] wp-hackers Digest, Vol 74, Issue 90

John Eckman eckman.john at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:02:35 UTC 2011

On 3/24/11 6:16 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

>get_themes() is a heavy call on sites that have a lot of themes, since
>it goes and reads every theme's info.
>
>However, I can't see it "crashing Apache". At most, you'd get an out
>of memory error.

Maybe bad choice of words - you do get a segmentation fault and the child
ids of Apache processes are killed, but true, Apache itself stays up.

It's highly repeatable and reproducable - but in the context of WPBook
2.1.4 and WordPress 3.0.5. With no additional themes other than the
default installed, and no additional plugins other than WPBook.

Certainly could be the way WPBook is both filtering theme_root and calling
get_themes in the same context.

I'll keep investigating- likely it is a problem in our code.