[wp-hackers] Which PHP IDE do you use?

Martin Widmann widmann.martin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:51:44 UTC 2011

I used Coda and loved it. Thanks to a MacHeist bundle I also got a licence for it and so I tried MacRabbit's Espresso, but as it doesn't have built in SVN it wasn't of so much use.

Then I discovered the power of Netbeans and switched completely to it. It might be a bit slower than a native Application and it certainly doesn't look as nice as Espresso does, but it is so full of features (debugging, separation of wp-core and wp-content, code navigation, bookmarks, folding, etc.) that I can't live without it anymore. I tried to adapt the color scheme to match a nice Textmate theme and I use Espresso Mono as the font. I also have the editor constantly in full size.

-- Martin