[wp-hackers] Which PHP IDE do you use?

John 3:16 Media wp at john316media.com
Thu Mar 24 22:34:45 UTC 2011

Wow command line?  idk what I would do without my syantax highlighting.  I
like notepad++ but I make too many typos and I need something with built in
debugging to catch it, i forget semicolons like crazy I even had one if
ststement recently that had only one = instead of ==, took some digging to
find out why the function was always returning false, lol.  So basically
thats crazy that you can just do it in the command line.

I think i'll look into netbeans and see how well that works for me.  Oh and
from what I read netbeans intergrates with version control and bug trackers
too.  Kinda neat but idk if those are features i'd really use, at least not
now.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Aaron Jorbin <aaron at jorb.in> wrote:

> > On Mar 24, 2011, at 6:02 PM, John 3:16 Media wrote:
> >> Ok so I've decided I should look into a PHP IDE.  I've been using
> notepad++
> >> but I think I need a full fledged IDE.  I'm interested to hear any
> >> recommendations from you.  Free is always good but if the feature set is
> >> good and the price is right, say $100 or less, I'd consider it.  So what
> >> would you recommend?
>
> The command line serves me well.  It has my svn client and vim easily
> available.  I can use screen if I need a variety of views available
> and I never need to take my hands off the keyboard since everything is
> designed around the keyboard.
>

> http://aaron.jorb.in
> twitter: twitter.com/aaronjorbin

I'm working on a support ticket plugin and I'm looking for users to test and
provide feedback on it.  Will bribe anyone who helps with a generous
discount on the final product.  Email me off-list if interested.